Tuesday, October 16, 2007

If I had a hammer...

Brynn got to help Daddy last night. She was so excited to use her Home Depot tools again and we actually let her hammer a little with hers. Isn't the distressed wood look in?

Two things I want to point out in the picture--The ugly furniture will be in our basement soon. You just don't know how excited I am. Let just see how stain resistant it actually is.

The second thing is the blue hammer. This was actually my Dad's hammer and Kevin uses it all the time. It gives him a connection to Dad. He admired (and still admires) my dad so much. I have heard it said that many marry what you are used to. I have been so blessed to have married a man that is like my dad. Miss you Dad.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Looks like Brynn is going to be very handy with tools! Love the hammer story. Maybe someday you can pass the hammer down to Brynn.