Brynn loves her guitar. She plays it all the time. And the outfit is one of her creations. Too bad you can't see her pink Crocs. They complete the picture!!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Car...Far Mommy does that rhyme?
Sun...Fun What about that?
Glass...Act Does that rhyme?
Yep, sounds good to me.
She had to have her cavity filled today. I can not believe how easy it was. No numbing. No shots. No horrible drill sound. Just a little tickle, a squirt by the weird looking gun, and a funky looking flashlight. That's it. She could even eat right after it. So easy. Nothing like when I had cavities filled. So old school!
Monday, March 24, 2008
We started with a Good Friday movie. We went to see Horton Hears a Who. It was so cute. Brynn loved it and keeps asking when we can go watch the "Big Movie" again. She better start saving her money if she wants to see movies at the theater. It was more expensive than we remembered to say the least.
Friday night we went to a birthday party for our friend's seven year old son. Let me just say--a birthday party for a boy is a lot different than a party for a girl. It was held at a local community center and the boys went wild for 2 straight hours. Wore me out!! Hockey Sticks, Basketballs, Dodge Balls, Scooters, Wrestling Everywhere! Give me a tea party anyday!!
Saturday, Brynn and I went shopping, just the 2 of us. It was so much fun. We don't do that stuff enough. And we ended the day at "Old McDonalds". Nothing is better to a 3 year old than chicken nuggets and fries.
Saturday night, we colored eggs. She really liked mixing the colors. At one point we had 5, but ended with one really ugly black/blue. Oh well, she had fun. Nothing else really matters. Notice the concentration in the above picture and the blue dot between her eyes. Yep, egg coloring right between the eyes.
This is a picture of Brynn after she found her basket from the Easter Bunny and our present to her. Doesn't she look like a trucker in that hat? She loves Tinkerbell and Purple and loves her new hat. Can't you see the happiness in her smile?
Sunday was spent with our family. They love Brynn and she is the only kid, so she is spoiled to death. They had an egg hunt for just her with prizes. Surprise, she won them all. And got money and Dove chocolate. Not a bad haul at all.
Finding the eggs!!
Hope everyone else had as wonderful of a weekend as we did.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
The weekend is just full of Easter parties with friends and family and we cannot wait.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Hopefully, she will be feeling better for this weekend. I would hate for her to miss the Easter Bunny Celebration!
Monday, March 17, 2008
She has to help clean. Yes, she picked out her clothes again.
Oh my gosh--Isn't she scrumptious?
Ilayna wouldn't turn her head for the camera, so Brynn did it for her. Isn't she helpful? (A little sarcasm in that voice.)
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
- She is easily tickled. And loves to be tickled. And loves to tickle.
- Her favorite colors: Purple and Red and loves anything those colors.
- She loves to laugh. She says "I crack myself up." all the time.
- She has the most gorgeous black hair when it is newly washed. I am so envious of it.
- She can make people smile just by being around and so far, people really love being with her.
- Her favorite word--Poop. Just ask her. (Shouldn't I be proud?)
- She is crazy in love with her Daddy and he with her. They hang out together all the time.
- She can not wait to be a big sister. She wants to buy stuff all the time for her sibling.
- She will walk up to me and say "I love you" without me saying it first. Melts my heart.
- She loves Dr. Suess and I can not happier. I grew up on these books. My dad would read them to me with funny voices for all the characters. It's my little touch of nostalgia when we read them. Her favorite right now--Yertle the Turtle
- She is asking a lot of questions about my parents. I love telling stories about them, but am finding it hard to explain death to her so that she can comprehend it.
- She loves to sing and makes up songs all the time. And dancing--she shakes her booty all the time. Cracks me up!!
- She hates to be scared.
- She hates to be lonely. One night she was sleeping in our bed. She said she was lonely. "I tried talking to me, but me didn't talk back." The reasoning of a 3 year old.
- She can whine. And we hate it.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
See the person in the black coat?
See him now? He is kneeling.
He is now walking away.
See what is left behind? That is why we are still waiting for our second child from China. This is happening every day.
And that is why we wait---Because our hearts tell us to.
I had a dream that Kevin became a member of the USA Rowing Team. First let me say--Kevin doesn't row. Never has. And he is not a huge fan of water that is over waist deep unless it is contained in a pool. What I am trying to say--Kevin would never become a member of the rowing team. But anyway...
Since my husband is now an Olympian and the Olympics are in Beijing, Brynn and I go to China to watch. Because Kevin has a daughter from China, he becomes somewhat of a celebrity. And my quiet, soft spoken husband becomes the voice of the children left in the orphanages. He raises all kinds of awareness to the orphanage situation and the wait times. Because of this, China decides to speed up and we get our referral while we are there.
Heck, we should have just picked up the kid while we were there, right? If only dreams came true. (And I don't mean the part that Kevin is an Olympian!)
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Brynn was in the bathroom and for some reason came running into the hall. Kevin asked her if she had flushed the toilet. Hands on her hips, head cocked, she says
"Did you hear the toilet flush? Well then I guess I didn't."
Aah, 3 year olds.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Can you believe it? Referrals this month may be for LIDs in 2006!! 2006!! At least we are finally in the same year as our LID.
Congrats to all those getting referrals.
Our weekend was wonderful. Friday night was spent cleaning up the snow that had fallen all day. I am seriously tired of the white stuff. And Saturday was spent shopping. What could be better?