Monday, December 28, 2009
Sunday, December 27, 2009
They camped out last night.
Just the 3 of them.
Ok. He was actually looking out the skylights at the stars while laying in front of the tv.
That's his definition of camping out.
Nate loved it. Stayed in his sleeping bag all night.
Brynn loved that Nate slept beside her the whole night.
Kevin woke up not being able to move.
I had a great night sleep in my bed. All alone.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Not a good sign when you are supposed to be having a Christmas party in just a couple of hours.
You see, she shovels her driveway when it snows.
Us, not so much.
This means, we have 5 inches of slush in our driveway.
And it is raining. Cold, cold rain.
So, it ended up being "Party at Jean's".
This is my Grandma, the kid's Great Grandma. She is 97 years old and the most amazing woman I have every met.
Friday, December 25, 2009
- Brynn waking us up at 7:50 asking if she could check on Santa's cookies to see if he had eaten them. She completely forgot about the presents.
- Waking Nate up asking him is he wanted to see if Santa had been here. Him saying no and crying. Then he noticed the presents.
- Nate opening a present and being fixated on that one, forgetting he had others waiting to be opened.
- Brynn's guitar and her face when she opened it.
- Nate's all-too-cute hairdo.
- Brynn's excitement and amazing joy at every little present. She is such a grateful child.
- The wrapping paper EveryWhere!!!
- Brynn saying that she wanted everything she got, but didn't know she could ask for it all.
- Being able to have Family Game Night every night for the rest of our lives because of all the games they got.
- The slush, the slush, the slush. Cold, cold rain. Moving the party from our house to Jean's house at the last minute.
- Having the most amazing extended family ever. We are so loved.
- Having our 2 children home with us and being so blessed by them.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Secondly, we figured out we hadn't bought Nate a coat to play in, so he is one of Brynn's old ones. Just a little bit of pink trim on it:)
And we realized early on that sled riding is so much more fun when you don't have to walk back up the hill.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Oh my gosh, there is the big guy!
Look, both kids on Santa's lap.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
We are so lucky to live so close to a great city that has so many entertainmet venues. Tonight we went to see The Imagination Movers at the Byham Theater. This was Brynn's first experience at a "concert" and she had a ball.
It was a hour and half of rock music for 5 year olds. We jumped up, jumped down, turned around and sung at the tops of our lungs.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
"F" is for foreign lands. Brynn still loves watching "Big Bird In China". And the little girl will always be called Shampoo in our house.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
To celebrate, we went to Oglebayfest with Amy, Jim and Ilayna. These kids enjoy each other so much.
Oglebay sets off great fireworks. Ilayna was so excited (and a little scared of them), but talked about them for days. Plus, she got to stay up a little later than normal. That is always exciting to kids.