Friday, May 23, 2008

Three years ago today...


Today is the third anniversary of a day that changed our lives forever. Today, 3 years ago, I noticed that our agency had posted that referrals had arrived. And, though I wasn’t positive, I thought this could be our day—The day we finally became a family of 3.

I told everyone in the office that if a phone call came from our agency, no matter what, put it through to me. I remember picking up the phone and hearing, “You have a daughter.” I couldn’t believe it. Finally. After the years of waiting, the medicine, the shots, the blood work, the tests, the ultrasounds. Finally, I was a mommy.

We have been so blessed by this child that God has allowed us to raise. She is the joy in my heart. She is my sunshine.

Brynn, this day may not mean anything to you right now, but please know that it is very special to us. It is the day that we first saw your picture, the day we knew what our child looked like, the day we became a family of 3. We love you, baby girl.

4 comments:

Juliette said...

Happy referral day!
Brynn is for sure a beautiful sunshine. Have a fantastic weekend!

Michele said...

Happy Anniversary! It is truly a very special day. Enjoy it.

Vivian M said...

Oh drat, you made me cry.
Happy referral day to the three of you!

kitchu said...

Here's to 3 years since seeing that precious face (God she is so cute)!

Kris, (from the lounge)