Friday, May 30, 2008

Sorry. A little late...


We had so much fun over the long weekend. Parties, picnics, gardens and a birthday.

Friday:
Friend's house. Brynn played with 2 cuties that were adopted from Russia. They are amazingly well mannered kids and Brynn loves to be with them. Plus, their mom had some fireworks and sparklers. Every kid's dream.

Saturday:
Planting in the garden. After 6 hours, it was finally done. We planted beans (enough for the entire state), peas, lettuce (4 kinds), strawberries, cucumbers, cantaloupes, watermelons, zucchini, and pumpkins. I thing that's it. We already had our potatoes, onion, peppers and tomatoes in the ground. We were exhausted.
Believe me, if all of this grows, I will be offering all of the extra to anyone that comes near me.

Sunday:
Picnic with lots of kids. Brynn had a ball. She fell in love with one little boy there and asked where he was from. She just didn't get "from his mommy". She meant what country--China, Russia, Guatemala. Hmmm. Birth Mommy talk time again.

Monday:
Went to the local auction for the flea market. Bought some daylilies (my fave) and had breakfast at an ice cream shop acrossed the street. Had the best apple turnover in my life. Can still taste it. Went home and mulched 1/2 of our flower bed and celebrated my birthday with Brynn giving me the only thing that I asked for--A Potato Masher. Sad isn't when you get excited about kitchen tools? I got other things too (like a sore back from shoveling mulch for 2 hours) but am so excited about the potato masher. My life is so basic.

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

Happy birthday! I knew I liked you for a reason, you are as practical as I am: I asked for and got a toaster for Mother's Day, and a salad spinner and vacuum for Chanukah. LOL!
Good luck with your garden, share pictures when everything grows!
And hope your back feels better soon!

Vivian M said...

When you get a chance, come check out my blog, there is a little award awaiting you there!