Tuesday, February 24, 2009

For those who had XiXi



XiXi is our guide in Guilin. We had the pleasure of meeting her daughter, niece, nephew and her daughter's best friend. Isn't her daughter pretty? She and Brynn are from the same province, Jiangxi.

Of course, you will notice that Nathan and I aren't in the picture. All of us were at a restaurant and Nathan threw a huge tantrum. I took him back to the hotel, him kicking and screaming the entire time. Remember that picture I posted of the view outside our hotel? That's the square I had to walk acrossed. I am sure people were wondering what was going on. I thought maybe people thought I had stolen him, but nobody wanted him at the time. It was so ugly. He finally calmed down after about an hour and a half. He hasn't had one like that since.

Maybe that was his last hurrah. Now he has just given up and realizes he is stuck with us forever.

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

I am with you, hoping and praying this was his last one!

Michele said...

I'm sure all the change has been a lot for him to understand. It probably won't be the last tantrum he ever has but now he has a family that will love him forever.