Monday, June 30, 2008

You want to talk organic. This is organic!!

We are so lucky to have berry patches all over the farm. And it is berry season. And it looks like it's going to be a good one. We picked our first bucket last night. Brynn watched out for the "toison ivy" and jaggers. She doesn't want to itch and she didn't want to get scratched.

Berry season really makes me miss my mom. She made the best berry dumplings with a sugary syrup on them. Put some milk on them and the milk turns berry colored. Yum. Yum. Another recipe I wish I had gotten before she died.

Brynn picking the berries. One for me. One for the bucket.


Our little helper. Dora, Grammy's tom cat.



Our bowlful of berries. Vanilla ice cream with fresh berries for dessert tonight!!


2 comments:

Snowflowers Mum said...

nice. I miss our berry picking days in Vermont.

those look yummo.

mmmm....

Vivian M said...

Berries look different in the wild than in the supermarket, hmmm. I bet they are much sweeter though!